Tuesday 4 November 2014

Changes

Ok, so it has been a very long year, and a few things have changed (aside from the format and name) but what can I say, a girl needs to change things up every now and again!! :)

First, I must apologize for being remiss in updating both on facebook and here, but I think I have really needed this last year to be mine.

Second, I have really missed updating regularly, writing, and simply thinking out loud with all of you. But, no promises, no guarantees because we all know where that goes… a weird sense of self-inflicted guilt for falling short (of what? I have no idea…).

Finally, I have to give credit where credit is due. On a bright morning, in Canadian Cottage Country, I was talking with my friend, Jess, about this crazy journey that I am on. At the time, I was marveling at the changes in my life in such a short time… feeling hot and cold, coming alive to the fact that I actually had feelings, likes, dislikes, etc. 

And she turned to me and said, “You’re becoming human.”

As a former robot and workaholic, these words struck me… and became a significant part of the journey I am on to become the person that I am, and always have been.

A person I suppressed for so many years. A person that I am just now getting to know.

And that is the beautiful thing. I am becoming human. I am coming alive, and coming to believe. 
Learning to relax (this one is hard), learning to do things I enjoy, becoming aware of the things that I am passionate about, and allowing myself to have an opinion…


So you see, change is not always a bad thing… 


No comments:

Post a Comment