Tuesday 13 November 2012

God Rocks!

These last few weeks have been very interesting. I celebrated my 22nd birthday, met with other Ywamers, processed many new ideas and facts about myself and others, actually, I am still processing. However, today, I was reminded by my roommate of some really good news that happened recently, and I want to share it with all of you :)

When I was living in Japan during my DTS, we did a lot of seemingly "little" things. Things that at the time caused me to wonder if we were doing anything at all. When you go on a DTS, you come into the outreach phase on fire for God and ready to change the world... then you make it on outreach and realize that the world is a pretty big place and that you will probably only leave a small dent. You also learn that the only One who can make big dents is God.

In Japan, we went on a lot of prayer walks... and I mean a lot. I think one of our main activities was simply praying over the local prison, walking through red light districts, and praying along the path we daily travelled.

While in Japan, it was the red light districts that left an impression on my heart and mind. They are literally ghost towns except for a well dressed man standing in at the entrance of every club. I walked these roads praying, Christmas caroling  and just having my heart broken for Japan. I do not believe I ever saw a woman on these streets. These red light districts are strange, and they often left me feeling physically sick whenever I went in.

Recently, I found out that one of the larger prostitution rings was busted in one of the districts that we prayed in!! When I found this out, I had the immediate feeling of joy. My team and I prayed for justice. We prayed for freedom, and while this freedom did not come while we were in Japan, it has come for so many women and men just in this past month. Our prayers did and do matter.  I can honestly say that God has shown His mighty power and His working through prayer.

I ask that you pray with me that God continues to break down the walls of these red light districts and set the captives free.

Please feel free to message me for more details :)


1 comment: